Friday, April 18, 2008

S.O.L.I.D. Object-Orientated Design Principles

The next posts will be about the S.O.L.I.D. principles.

S.O.L.I.D. stands for:

    SRP – Single Responsibility Principle [my post]
    OCP – Open Closed Principle [my post]
    LSP – Liskov Substitution Principle [my post]
    ISP – Interface Segregation Principle [my post]
    DIP – Dependency Inversion Principle [my post]
These Object-Orientated Design (OOD) principles will help you to create proper software that is maintainable and extendible. Along the way we might also explore other principles, but I’ll start with these five first. Now my intention is not to fully explain them, there are already many resources on the internet; I would like to provide some simple examples written in C# that demonstrate the principles.

1 comment:

Rob said...

Awesome set of articles. Will come back to them later, and re-read until they're imprinted in my mind.

We're suffering a few dev pains, and complying to all of the SOLID principles would certainly ease them.